Elders are more susceptible to accidents than the young. They have slower reflexes and their senses are not as sharp so they need to take extra care when navigating a staircase or any other area that has stairs. Here are some tips to help avoid an accident:
1) Always hold on to the railing with one hand while going up or down a staircase, even if you don’t think you need it. This will give you something firm to grab onto in case of unexpected slips and falls.
2) Look at where your feet should be landing instead of looking straight ahead at where you want them to go
3) Take shorter steps and always try not to lean too far forward or backwards
4) selecting the right type of footwear (like slippers) when stepping on hardwood floors or carpet, so as not to slip;
5) use handrails for support and balance while going up and down stairs;
DoctorAlert provides personal alarms so that if you fall while alone, DoctorAlert will alert your loved ones and provide any necessary assistance during an emergency. You can purchase an alarm today with free delivery the next day*. All you have to do is call us now on 0800 520 0168 or visit our website for more information.
The staff at Doctor Alert are always friendly, I was very pleased with the tech support I received. Great price and great service. I would recommend them 100%. We have used them for a few years to provide protection for my Father an they did their job very well.
We love the small, lightweight device that is easy and comfortable to take with us. I had a great experience, Very professional, prompt service and nice equipment. All for a competitive price. Very happy so far.
You operate and market your Doctor Alert Program the way you like, and purchase equipment as you need it.